Open to ALL Students
We continue to be dedicated to your child’s academic and social emotional education. Your child is invited to attend summer school June 15th through July 23rd. With social distancing mandates still in place, we will be offering summer school instruction remotely through ZOOM sessions with a daily schedule of activities. This year’s summer school will be open to ALL students enrolled in KGBSD grades K-12 and can be registered by a parent/guardian.
What would a schedule look like?
This year’s summer school will run Monday-Thursday from 9:00-12:00pm with a 45 min break for lunch from 12:00-12:45pm. After lunch we will offer enrichment opportunities till 1:45pm. The focus of summer school will be math and literacy tasks daily with weekly science and art options. More details will follow.
Will I get training as a parent or guardian?
- Parent Open House will take place the week of June 8th, with a couple of meeting options.
- Please bring your questions for our team!
How will this work?
- We will continue using the ZOOM platform for direct-teaching sessions
- Your child(ren) will meet in small groups in ZOOM breakout rooms to work with their teachers on key concepts in Language Arts and Math
- Students will be given tasks to complete to bring to the zoom sessions
- We will offer brain breaks and physical activity breaks during or between ZOOM sessions
Commitment to Attendance
- If your child has an extended, planned absence, please notify the Summer School program coordinator (see below)
- We understand your child(ren) may not be able to attend the entire 6 weeks. We will accommodate families who may be able to attend part of the summer school session.
How do I enroll my child(ren)?
- Complete the information below and copy and paste into the body of your email by 25th May.
- Email Kinder-6th to email@example.com
- In the subject line of your email, include the words, “Summer School Referral”
Summer School Referral Information
Student First and Last Name, Current Grade, Current School:
A Good Contact Phone Number & Email:
You will receive a confirmation email of your child(ren)’s enrollment and be contacted by phone as we get closer to the Summer School start date.
For 7th-12th grade questions please contact Kurt Lindemann - firstname.lastname@example.org