September 26, 2018 Regular School Board Meeting
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Regular Meeting of September 26, 2018
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
Board meeting materials will be accessible on the District website
(NOTE: The Board may elect to reorder the agenda as needed.)
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD VACANCY
- Appointment Process Outline
- Review Applications – Alphabetical order
- Rachel Breithaupt
- Michael Fitzgerald
- Bridget Marie Mattson
- Interview Applicants
- Board Ballots
- Oath of Office
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
- Charter School MOA Review Committee Update
- REPORTS AND/OR PRESENTATIONS - SUPERINTENDENT/STAFF
- Student Member’s Report
- Superintendent’s Report:
- Superintendent’s Memo
- Elementary Enrollments by Class
- Agenda Advertisement Review Checklist and Substitute/Paraprofessional Hire
- Investigation Update from Beth Lougee
- PUBLIC HEARING
[There is no Public Hearing scheduled for this Board meeting]
- CONSENT CALENDAR
Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be moved from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the September 26, 2018, Consent Calendar.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of July 25, 2018.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of July 30, 2018.
- Motion to approve a long-term teaching contract for Jacquelyn Keizer to teach Mathematics at Revilla High School from September 4, 2018, through December 20, 2018.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
(or transferred Consent Calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve Charter School MOA Hold Harmless.
- Motion to appoint School Board members to the ad hoc Policy Committee.
- Elementary School Specialist
- Association of Alaska School Boards 2018 Training, Event Dates and Travel
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Board of Education will convene in an Executive Session to discuss KEA Negotiation matters, the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
Per Board Bylaw – 9321
- ADVANCED PLANNING
- Media Contact: TBA
- Agenda Setting: 4:30 PM, Mon, Oct. 01
Agenda Deadline: 4:00 PM, Tues, Oct. 02
- Special Meeting: 6:00 PM, Wed. Oct. 03, KHS Rm. 132
Exec. Session: The Board of Education will convene in an Executive Session for the purpose of hearing and deciding matters, in which the Board acts as an adjudicatory body performing a quasi-judicial function. Board Bylaw – 9321 : Student Discipline; Board Policy 5131
- School Board Meeting: 6:00 PM, Wed, Oct. 10
- November Board Meeting: 6:00 PM, Wed. Nov. 14, Saxman
- Annual Agenda Calendar
- School Calendar
This month’s featured Goal is “The Board of Education will review the Districtwide Technology Plan, as well as the Technology Plan for each individual school in the District.”
This month’s featured Goal is “INSTRUCTION - STEPP plans; District and building level follow up, revisions as necessary, reporting on progress; Report March.”
Ketchikan Gateway Borough School District will ensure that every student has the opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge to succeed.