August 22, 2018 School Board Meeting
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Regular Meeting of August 22, 2018
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
(NOTE: The Board may elect to re-order the agenda as needed.)
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION
- REPORTS AND/OR PRESENTATIONS – SUPERINTENDENT/STAFF
- Student Member's Report
- Superintendent's Report
B1. Cynna Gubatayao, Borough Insurance Pool
B2. Job Description, Dean of Students
B3. Teaching Contract, Lindsay Rosendin
- PUBLIC HEARING
Procedure: (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for the Board discussion and decision.
- CONSENT CALENDAR – Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve a contract for Terri Schultz from .8 to 1.0 FTE.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Motion to approve contracted legal services with John Sedor for Advisory Arbitration and related negotiation services.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a contract with Cailin Silcox for occupational therapy services.
- Motion to approve a contract with Katie Walters for occupational therapy services.
- Policy Review Committee
- Strategic Plan Review, Update Planning
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Board of Education will convene in an Executive Session to discuss KEA NEGOTIATIONS matters, the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district. Board Bylaw – 9321
- ADVANCED PLANNING
- Future School Board Meeting Dates: September 12, 2018
- Media contact: Diane Gubatayao
- September 5, 2018, Worksession - School Climate and Connectedness, AASB