July 11, 2018 School Board Meeting and Worksession
Updated Climate Connectedness Results
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
SPECIAL SCHOOL BOARD WORK SESSION
Regular Meeting of 07 11, 2018
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
(NOTE: The Board may elect to reorder the agenda as needed.)
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- Student Board Member Introduction and Oath of office
- Eagle Scouts
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION
- Detailed Claims Register – June 15, 2018
- Detailed Claims Register – June 29, 2018
- Sale of Technology
- REPORTS AND/OR PRESENTATIONS - SUPERINTENDENT/STAFF
- Student Member’s Report:
- Superintendent’s Report:
- KGBSD Insurance
- Maintenance Summer Projects
- PUBLIC HEARING Procedure: (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for the Board discussion and decision.
- CONSENT CALENDAR Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be moved from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of May 23, 2018.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract for Jenessa Albertson, .5 Physical education at Tongass School of Arts and Sciences.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract for Kathryn Carl, SPED Teacher at Schoenbar Middle School.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract for Jade Wagner, Grade 5/6 teacher at Tongass School of Arts and Sciences.
- Motion to approve the offer of an administrative contract for Daniel Olson, Assistant Principal at Houghtaling Elementary.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract for Janis Rafter, SPED Resource teacher at Schoenbar Middle School.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
(or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve contract for Lindsey Hargis, Speech Pathologist.
- Motion to approve contract for Sheri Adams, Speech Pathologist.
- Motion to ratify School Board Goals, in Second reading.
- Motion to ratify the Labor Contract between the Ketchikan Gateway Borough School District Technology Staff Labor Organization (KGBSDTSLO) and the Ketchikan Gateway Borough School District.
- Native Education Committee Assignment
- Motion to approve the FY20 6-year Capital improvement Plan.
- Administrative Regulation 4030, Nondiscrimination in Employment.
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION The Board of Education will convene in an Executive Session to discuss KEA NEGOTIATIONS matters, the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district. Board Bylaw – 9321
- ADVANCED PLANNING
- Media Contact:
- Agenda Setting: 4:30 PM, Mon, July. 14
- School Board Meeting: 6:00 PM, Wed, Aug. 08
- Liaison Committee: 12:00 PM, Tues, TBD
- Annual Agenda Guideline
- School Calendar
- Superintendent Goals
Ketchikan Gateway Borough School District will ensure that every student has the opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge to succeed.