School Board Vacancy and Application Process
The Ketchikan Gateway Borough School District is accepting applications for a vacant seat on the School Board. The process is outlined below:
- Complete the “Application for School Board Vacancy” (attached) and return it to the Superintendent’s Office by 4:00 P.M. on Thursday, April 18th. Return the application by any of the following means:
- E-mail to Trent Headley at email@example.com
- Submit in person. (The Superintendent’s Office is located in the back, northeast portion of Ketchikan High School. Enter through the doors near the back-parking lot off of Jefferson. You may call first to ensure someone is in the office to receive your application – 247-2109 or 228-8805.
- Fax to 247-3820.
- Applicants will be interviewed by the School Board at its regular meeting on April 24, 2019. A selection will be made at that same meeting.
- The selected individual will serve until the municipal election in October 2019.
If you have any questions about serving on the School Board or about this process, please contact the Superintendent’s Office at 247-2109 or 228-8805.
Eligibility for this position: A person with the following qualifications is eligible to be a member of the School Board:
- is a citizen of the United States;
- is 18 years of age or older;
- is a registered voter in the State of Alaska;
- has been a resident of the school district for 30 days immediately preceding the election (or appointment); and
- is not disqualified from voting due to:
- conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude, assuming voting rights have not been restored; or a court finding of incompetency, unless the disability no longer exists.