October 11, 2017 School Board Meeting
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Regular Meeting of 10 11, 2017
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
(NOTE: The Board may elect to reorder the agenda as needed.)
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- OATH OF OFFICE - Pending election vote certification.
- ORGANIZATION OF THE BOARD
- Election of Board President
- Election of Board Vice President
- Election of Board Clerk-Treasure
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- Building a Healthy Community Task Force & Ketchikan Wellness Coalition.
- Governor Proclaims October 2017 as School Principals and Assistant Principals Recognition Month.
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION
- Detailed Claims Register – October 06, 2017
- REPORTS AND/OR PRESENTATIONS - SUPERINTENDENT/STAFF
- Student Member’s Report:
- Superintendent’s Report:
- Ketchikan Charter School Annual Report
- Board Policy and Administrative Regulations 6174.1
- STEPP Plan
- District Science Standards Survey Request
- Get Ready to Shake Out
- Teacher Recruitment Concept
- UAS Ketchikan – October Cup O’ News Jack Cotant Feature.
- PUBLIC HEARING Procedure: (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for the Board discussion and decision.
- CONSENT CALENDAR Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be moved from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of September 27, 2017.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
(or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve travel for Board Members to travel to the AASB Annual Conference in Anchorage, Alaska November 9th thru 12th.
- AASB BOD Nominations – October 16, 2017
- AASB Resolutions – October 11, 2017
- Review of Committees and assignments
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
- ADVANCED PLANNING
- Ketchikan Airport Emergency Drill Meeting: 2:30 PM, Wed, Oct. 11
- Saxman Meeting: 6:00 PM, Wed, Nov. 15
- Media Contact:
- Agenda Setting: 4:30 PM, Mon, Oct. 16
- School Board Meeting: 6:00 PM, Wed, Oct. 25
- Liaison Committee: 12:00 PM, Tues, Nov. 7 – TBA
- Annual Agenda Guideline
- School Calendar
- School Board Goals
- Superintendent Goals
Ketchikan Gateway Borough School District will ensure that every student has the opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge to succeed.