Positive COVID-19 Case at Ketchikan Charter School
Press Release: Update on COVID Case at Ketchikan High School
October 15, 2020
(Ketchikan, Alaska) – Ketchikan High School will reopen October 16, 2020, for staff and public use. The school building was closed for 24 hours to allow for contract tracing, disinfecting, and deep cleaning after we received notification of a positive COVID case.
Per a previously-scheduled closure due to parent/teacher conferences, Ketchikan High School and the preschools housed in the high school building will not be in session on Friday, October 16th.
The following events are cleared to occur:
- District Office personnel/departments housed in the high school building
- CNA Clinicals for high school CNA students - Friday, 10/16 - offsite
- Drama Debate Forensics (DDF) Virtual Meet - Friday, 10/16 from 4pm-8pm and Saturday, 10/17 from 11am-8pm
- PSAT - Saturday, 10/17 from 8am-noon (doors open at 7:30am)
- Drive Thru Flu Clinic (please note this is NOT drive-thru COVID testing, as stated in the Ketchikan Daily News) - Saturday, 10/17 from 10am-2pm
- Other activities and practices as regularly scheduled
Normal operations will resume on Monday, 10/19.
Staff and students who were instructed by public health to quarantine should not return to school until after they complete their quarantine periods.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and support over the past 24 hours.
Beth Lougee, Superintendent