"...To provide high quality instruction to every student within a positive environment reflective of our community needs."Want more information on our elementary schools click here. Remember to stop by your choice elementary school for more enrollment information.Enrolling your child in school is easy and exciting. Please use the following checklist to help enroll your student in school:
Enrollment ChecklistHelp Speed up enrollment by bringing along these important forms:
Proof of Immunization
- A birth certificate is required for students who have not been enrolled in the district before.
Before admission to school, the parent must:
- Provide an immunization record from a physician, health department, or other health care provider showing dates (month, day, year) of required immunizations.
- Obtain required immunizations. If there are medical or religious reasons a child cannot be vaccinated, call the school nurse for further information. There is a Medical Exemption Form for medical exemptions and a Religious Exemption Form that must be notarized.
Students with no shot records or waiting for shot records:
Transcripts or Report Cards (These help with class placement)
- To be admitted, a child must receive one dose each of DTP/DT/Td, Polio, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and MMR vaccine; K-6 must also have a dose of varicella. Pre-school children must have Hib vaccine and varicella vaccine or have a history of varicella disease documented on the state form by a medical provider (MD/DO/ANP/PA).
- A signed physician's statement (on the State Medical Exemption form) is required if there are medical reasons a child cannot be vaccinated. Only a physician (MD/DO), physician’s assistant or advanced nurse practitioner licensed in Alaska is authorized to exempt children from immunizations.
- To remain in school a medically verified record must be provided showing the dates of all required immunizations, or the remaining immunizations must be given.
- Military or students in the homeless program, please discuss your shot records with Health Services or your district nurse. Federal law makes a 30 day provision for qualifying circumstances. Military Waiver | Homeless Waiver Form.
- Children not complying with immunization requirements must be excluded from school.
- Completed KGBSD Registration Form
- September 1 is the cut off date for Kindergarten. If your child will be 5 years by September 1 they can attend kindergarten.