New Employee OrientationGetting Started with KGBSD TechnologyWelcome to the Ketchikan Gateway Borough School DistrictThe resources below will help you get started with using Technology at KGBSD. Read through each section carefully to familiarize yourself with our district resources.Frontline Time and Absence ManagmentFrontline offers both phone and Web services so that you can create an absence anytime, anywhere. Online absences can be created as far as one year in advance. As soon as you register an absence, Aesop starts finding a qualified, available substitute for you, if one is required. Frontline is also used for our electronic time clock.Questions? Contact Information Speicalist office at (907) 247-2139.Absence Managment
Time & Attendance (Hourly Employees Only)
Frontline Time Management is our electronic time card. If you are an hourly employee you will need to find the designated time clock at your work location and clock in and out daily. To ensure accurate pay log into your Frontline account weekly and double check the accuracy of your time card.
Network1. How Do I Log In To My Account?Your KGBSD username and password are used to log on to district-owned computers. Logging on provides you with access to network resources such as your network drive "Alpha Prime." All of your account logins through KGBSD will be firstname.lastname. Your password will be what you submitted on your Email and PowerSchool Access Form.2. I Cannot Remember My Password, How Do I Reset It?If you have forgotten your password, please put in a help ticket in at www.kgbsd.org/help to request a reset, or call us at 225-0744.3. I Need To Access A Blocked Website?Authenticate your log-in:
4. Personal Network Storage (Venus)When your account was set up by the Technology Department, the location for your file personal storage was created. Your local network storage is on a sever called Venus.To Back Up Your Computer Files To The Venus Server:
- On the blocked website click on the "Override"
- Log in with your OWN credentials
- Click anywhere on your desktop, at the top of the page the tool bar will now say "Finder" next to the apple.
- Click on "Go"
- In the drop-down window, select "Connect to Server"
1. Configuring your District Email AccountKGBSD Uses Google K21 email. Personal, religious, political advertising, chain letters, business marketing e-mails, etc. are not acceptable with your work email. If you need help, please contact:IT Department: 907-225-0744Monday - Friday 7am-3:30pm2. WebmailYou can access your KGBSD K21 Gmail e-mail account from any computer with an internet connection. To access go to our district website https://www.kgbsd.org visit > For Staff > K21 Google Email. You can also access your email by going to Gmail and typing in your full email address as your username email@example.com.
Telephone1. Telephone Voicemail & OperationOur district uses IP phones. You will want to set up your voicemail and settings to customize this phone for your room. To learn more about your phone's functions, please review the manual below.Work Station Use & Security
1. Technology Work Requests
If you are experiencing trouble with your hardware or software, please put in a help ticket at www.kgbsd.org/help, call (907) 247-0744 or find your building tech.Please put in any technology request at www.kgbsd.org/HELP or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Work Station Security
Do you walk away from your desk or your office without locking your computer? It only takes a few seconds for someone to do serious damage to your computer or your files or to access information on the computer. It takes only a few seconds to secure your computer. Take the time to lock your computer when you leave your desk. Not sure how to do it? Mac OS Computer Lock How To. On a PC before leaving your computer press Control + Alt + Delete.Note: When in PowerTeacher you can lock your gradebook by pressing Command + L or signing out.
Due to the number and complexity of the technologies in schools today, the issue of security has become a much more salient topic. As schools begin to network computers and peripherals to each other; neighbor classrooms, wide area networks and the Internet, the administration and teachers are increasingly aware of the need for security within their systems. Please contact the Computer Services department at 225-0744 if you feel your computer access has been compromised. If you feel PowerTeacher/ PowerSchool has been compromised contact our PowerSchool Administrator at 247-2139.3. Backing up your ComputerThe IT Department is aware of how hard the district staff members work and the incredible amounts of information that are used, created, and saved on our staff machines. In order to safe guard against loss, it is best practice to back up your computer on a regular basis.
- On the blocked website click on the "Override"