Welcome to 7th Grade Science with Mrs. Urquhart!
What can you expect?
This year in 7th grade science we will be doing a lot of hands-on projects, group collaborations, and continually updating our interactive science notebook. I really love 7th grade science and hope that by the end of our time together, you will love it too! This year we will be learning about classification, cells, mitosis, viruses, bacteria, body systems, simple machines, scientific method, ecology, and camping skills.
To be successful in my class, you will need to come to class with a 3 subject notebook that we will use almost everyday. This will be our interactive science notebook, and we will use it just as real scientists do, to record and document our notes and laboratory observations. This notebook will be a document of everything we do in class, so it is extremely important that you:
1) Bring your notebook everyday to class
2) Keep your notebook up to date
- August/September: Interactive science notebook, scientific method, and the metric system.
- September/October: Classification, cells, and mitosis.
- October/November: Viruses, Bacteria, and Body Systems.
- December: Body Systems book project
- January: Simple machines, and Rube Goldberg competition
- February/March: Ecology and the Scientific Method/Catapult project
- April/May: Camping skills and camping trip.
- May: Rocketry
I can't wait to see what kind of scientists I have in my class this year. We are going to have a lot of fun, and I look forward to seeing what kind of innovative ideas you will all bring to class with you.
Mrs. Urquhart :)
phone: 907-228-7200 ext 223
There are no upcoming events to display.