KINDERGARTEN - 2ND GRADE BEACH DAY
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
3rd - 5th GRADE BEACH DAY
SOUTH POINT HIGGINGS BEACH
9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
PLEASE CHECK YOUR STUDENTS LUNCH ACCOUNT
WE ARE ALMOST AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE ALL LUNCH ACCOUNTS AT A POSITIVE BALANCE
THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THIS IN A TIMELY MANNER
KCS FOOD DRIVE
We are collecting any and all non-perishable
food items starting
Monday, April 16th and ending Friday, May 11th.
Food items will be donated to the
This drive will also support our
Local Ketchikan Robotic Program
with support through First Bank.
OUTDOOR SOCCER REGISTRATION
Outdoor Soccer Registration is happening now through May 31st
for kids entering Kindergarten through 3rd grade this fall.
Registration is available online at
If you have any questions, please email our office at email@example.com.
8th GRADE CAMPING TRIP
MAY 23rd - 26th
8th GRADE GRADUATION
KCS Middle School Spring Play
JOURNEY TO THE WEST
May 22nd at 5:00 pm
CORE KNOWLEDGE FAIR
MAY 22, 2018
KETCHIKAN CHARTER/MIDDLE SCHOOL
ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN
KCS is now accepting registration for the 2018-2019 school year.
Registration packets are online or you may stop by the office anytime,
M-F from 7:45 am - 3:15 pm, to pick up a registration packet.
Space is limited, so it is very important to return the registration packet
along with your child's birth certificate and immunization records.
If your student is already enrolled in another school in the district and wanting to transfer to KCS stop by the office to fill out a transfer form.
Ketchikan Charter School is Celebrating their 20th Anniversary this year
Our school will be hosting and participating in several events throughout the year-the largest of which being 20 community service projects.
We plan to have two events per month and hope to raise the public's awareness of our school and how much we appreciate them, and that we are a longstanding part of this community.
We hope to serve the community through education.
KCS MAY SERVICE PROJECTS
MIDDLE SCHOOL WILL HAVE A CLEANUP AS PART
OF THEIR CAMPING EXPERIENCE.
ROBOTICS WILL BE ORGANIZING A FOOD DRIVE.
KCS APRIL SERVICE PROJECTS
KINDERGARTEN AND 5TH GRADE WILL HAVE AN
EARTH DAY CLEANUP ON APRIL 20TH
3RD AND 4TH GRADE WILL SCHEDULE A BEACH CLEANUP
KCS MARCH SERVICE PROJECTS
We will be working with the
First City Council on Cancer.
MARCH MADNESS MATH NIGHT WAS A
SUCCESSFUL SERVICE PROJECT
KINDERGARTEN AND 5TH GRADE READING BUDDIES WENT TO THE PIONEER HOME TO READ TO RESIDENTS!
Mrs. Neufeldt and Dan helped at the Soup-Bowl fundraiser for the
First City Day Shelter.
KCS FEBRUARY SERVICE PROJECT
Students will be making Valentines Day Cards for the
Long-Term Patients at the hospital
KCS JANUARY SERVICE PROJECT
We are doing an ongoing project that we are calling
"STUDENTS IN NEED."
KCS is colecting items
(boots, coats, gloves, etc.)
for students that may be in need.
KCS DECEMBER SERVICE PROJECTS
BOOKS FOR WISH
PLEASE DONATE YOUR GENTLY USED CHILDRENS BOOKS
WE WILL BE DELIVERING THE BOOKS TO WISH
ON DECEMBER 21ST
December 19th: 2nd and 3rd Graders are going to the Pioneer Home to Sing and hand out
Christmas Cards they made for the residents!
KCS NOVEMBER SERVICE PROJECTS
- KCS students will be working with Operation Gratitude to send Care Packages to Thank the Brave Men and Women who have served or are currently serving in our military around the world. Items that are especially needed are as follows: Instant coffee packets, hot chocolate, tea, card games, small dice games, iTunes cards, walmart gift cards, socks (preferably not white), individual tissue packets, individually packaged wipes, gum or puzzle books. Please make sure food items have at least a six month shelf life.
- KCS students will be making decorations in art class for the KIC Elder's Thanksgiving lunceon and dinner.
KCS OCTOBER SERVICE PROJECTS
- Ms. Halli participated in the KRBD Public Radio Fund Drive.
- KCS is helping with the Friends of the Library Book Sale. The Book Fair runs from 1-3 on Saturday, October 7, 2017 at the Plaza.
- KCS is participating in a FLASH LIGHT drive and donating them to Puerto Rico.
- Mrs. Cron's MS Band and Choir will be preforming for the residents at the Pioneer Home on October 25th.
SEPTEMBER SERVICE PROJECTS TOTALS
- We collected and delivered 235 items of non-perishable food to the Salvation Army.
- We collected and donated $183.53 to the Red Cross, Disaster Relief.
WAY TO GO KCS!